Choose independence! As an owner-operator with Foodliner, you’ll have the freedom of running your own business, plus the backing of a large, growing company. Talk to us today about becoming your own boss. Call 800-251-9569.
• Owner-operator-friendly dispatch and management team.
• Dedicated personnel to answer contract and weekly settlement inquiries.
• Fleet of late-model trailers with air-ride suspensions.
• Quarterly incentive program.
• Lease-To-Own Program.
• Direct Deposit.
• Settlements — In order to accommodate different types of owner-operators, we pay a flat rate on each load. The majority of these rates are tied into straight out-and-back lanes and is driven by dispatched loaded miles multiplied by two (2). Trip paperwork is processed in real-time using Foodliner® terminals, truck-stop scanning and in-home faxing. There is no processing or transaction charges.
• Incentive Program — This program was set up to reward our owner-operators for adhering to our established policies and procedures. Longevity is also a very important part of this; as you gain seniority, your plates and permit fees are reimbursed at a higher percentage .
• Detention — Verifiable and billable detention will be paid with approved purchase order and proper documentation. Paid weekly.
• Fuel Surcharge Program
• Licensing & Permit Services —After two (2) years of continuous service, Foodliner® pays 50% of the licensing cost, and after five (5) years of continuous service, Foodliner® pays 100% of the cost.
• Escrow Account - interest paid monthly and is a savings account. The maximum balance is $1,500 and will be deducted at $50 per week. The balance of the account, plus interest, is returned to you 45 days after the termination of the lease.
• Hydrapak & Blower — The equipment you need to do the job may be purchased from Foodliner® and installed by one of our shops.
• Insurance — very competitive rates on Physical Damage and Bobtail Insurance. As an owner-operator you will have access to a wide variety of discounted Group Rate Benefit Plans and Occupational Accident programs.
• Maintenance program - set up to assist owner-operators with discounts on parts and labor for work done in our shops with nominal upcharge on parts and labor. Our tire discounts also make our pricing very competitive.
• Fuel tax filing provided.
• On-board computer system provided at no charge (installation charge applies).
• Comdata fuel card - access to all Comdata network stations.
• Foodliner® provides EZ Pass transponders to owner operators. Company pays toll charges (No out of pocket costs to owner operators).
• Fuel Rebate Program for Owner Operators - quarterly rebate on fuel purchases at selected fueling locations.
• Tractor must be six (6) years old or newer AND have no more than 600,000 miles.
• Maximum weight of tractor (full of fuel and driver) is 18,000 lb. unless tractor is already equipped with a Hydrapak pump.
• A scale ticket is needed to prove tractor makes weight.
• Hydrapak or blower, and In-Transit Heat are required equipment (can be purchased and installed by Foodliner).
• Photo or visual inspection of tractor required, along with maintenance records.